Cars with the Best Resale Value
Depreciation in vehicles is virtually unavoidable. Recognizing this, we wanted to provide you with the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to those vehicles that perform well in holding their value - and equally so, those that don't. Most auto research sites have to be careful in what they publish in order to not upset their dealer customers, and with such, they will just show you the good news. We, on the other hand, provide you the entire list, from best to worst, with more than 200 vehicle makes and models ranked semi-annually.
Always know the right price to pay
Best Brands for Resale Value After 5 Years
1. VolkswagenEven though they finally had to re-retire the Beetle, Volkswagen scored in the top half of vehicle manufacturers for value retention after 3, 5, and 7 years. Read our analysis and view the Volkswagen depreciation curve here.
2. SubaruSubaru ranks first (#1) in retained value after 3, 5 and 7 years of ownership. Read our analysis and view the Subaru depreciation curve here.
3. HondaHonda continues to show strong value-retention results, with Top 5 finishes in all three measurement periods. Read our analysis and view the Honda depreciation curve here.
4. MazdaMazda's resale values have improved, relative to their peers, and their rankings have climbed to the Top 5 range at all three time intervals. Read our analysis and view the Mazda depreciation curve here.
5. ToyotaToyota as a brand, does very well in maintaining its value, consistently ranking at the top of popular brands. Read our analysis and view the Toyota depreciation curve here.
Brands with the Best Resale Value
|Rank||Brand||5 Year Resale Value|